Saturday, August 14, 2010

Summer in Phoenix Arizona

is not for the faint of heart....  As I told one of my patients if by chance we end up going to hell, we should feel right at home!  Don't get me wrong I LOVE Arizona but by August the heat has gotten to be more than just a bit wearing.  

We do have a swimming pool but the water is no longer refreshing.  It reminds me of the walking into the gulf of Mexico off Padre Island Texas..  Just without the salt or stingrays (story for another day). 

I long for the days when you can leave the doors and windows open, sit out on the deck with your coffee or glass of wine depending on the time of day and enjoy the lovely weather while others across the country are tucked in their houses due to snow and cold.  

Of course the flip side is that we are the "snowbird" capitol of the country and as a nurse my workload increases significantly with the arrival of the northern seniors...    Everything is a trade off....

All for now,
Tridil

No comments:

Post a Comment